One Friday night, I realized I probably need to admit I have a buffalo addiction. I couldn’t find anything to eat, so I raided the fridge. Now, typically on a night like this, I probably would have grabbed a string cheese, three sugar-free Jello puddings, an apple, and some Pub Mix. However, I have been trying to eat better, but this night I was just plain hungry. I sifted through a few recipes I found on Pinterest and decided to make my own with what I had in the fridge. Here’s what I found: chicken breasts, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, cheese, blue cheese dressing, and Pillsbury cresent rolls. And this is what I made: Buffalo Chicken Cresent Wraps. And might I add, it was freaking delicious! (AND I had a genius idea after I made this, which is why this is tagged in multiple categories…see the note after the directions for the other method.) :)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3-4 Tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/4 cup shredded cheese, any kind
2-3 Tablespoons blue cheese dressing
1-2 handfuls of blue cheese crumbles (I really measure acurately, can you tell?)
1 tube cresent rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cube the chicken breasts and heat olive oil in a saute pan. Cook the chicken.
3. Gently roll the cresent rolls onto a cutting board and sprinkle 1/4 cup of any kind of shredded cheese you’d like (I used colby jack, but anything will work great!).
4. Once the chicken is finished cooking (within 10 minutes, since the cubes cook quickly) drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce into the pan to coat the chicken. This is all based on your taste you can always add less or more!
5. Pour the hot sauced-chicken over the shredded cheese, leaving some room around the edges. This is just so it doesn’t spill out the side when you roll it.
6. Drizzle more Frank’s Red Hot Sauce if you’s like, plus either some blue cheese dressing and/or crumbles over the chicken. The best part about this recipe – make it what YOU like!
7. Once everything is in, gently roll the cresent roll dough over itself so it is one giant roll (kinda like a big burrito). You can press the sides all together so that none of the filling comes out the side during the baking process. Even if some comes out, it’s no big deal – it’s kind of like finding extra fries at the bottom of your McDonald’s bag. :)
8. Gently pick up the roll and move it to your baking sheet. I would recommend a baking stone if you have it. I absolutely LOVE my Pampered Chef stones and although I don’t use my pizza stone often, this was an awesome use for it. If you don’t have one – no worries! You can certainly use a cookie sheet. Just be sure to either line it with parmentment paper or use a non-stick sheet so that you don’t have a crunchy mess when you’re trying to get your roll off of the sheet.
9. Bake the roll for 15-20 minutes, so the top is golden brown. Once the roll is done, remove from the oven and let sit for a few minutes on the stone. Using a bread knife (only because it will make your life so much easier), gently cut the roll into slices, so you end up with a wrap of buffalo chicken deliciousness!
Now, the other thing you can do for this (which is why I tagged this as a “Main Dish” and an “Appetizer”) is to take the cresent rolls and divide them as you normally would if you were just making the rolls. In each roll, you could then fill them with everything above and make them into bites for a party!
Voila! Another buffalo chicken recipe done! Enjoy!!